Thursday, April 5, 2012

The First Ten

Not many people make it a goal to lose 100 lbs.  At least, with the people I know.

And here's where I get really candid.  My heaviest was 244.  That number was 44 lbs more than what I weighed 4 years ago.  I have yo-yo'ed with my weight since before middle school.  I've had a hard time being one of the biggest girls in my classes.  I fell like I never really fit in.  I had a tough relationship with my mother, so I ate to cover up my feelings.  I didn't recognize emotional eating until my senior year of high school.

I went to college, and gained, of course, the freshman 15.  And then some the sophomore year.  Junior year, I had everything all together.  I ate salads every day, and I worked out in the gym almost every day.  I often went in there the same time the basketball/softball/volleyball players worked out.  So I had to challenge myself.  I was doing really well, then I got the flu.  That darn flu changed my life.  More on that later...  But after the flu, I was in Onederland.  Anyone struggling with weight knows that Onederland is in the 100s.  The lightest I've weighed since before I can remember was 198.

Then my schedule got crazy.  I moved back home, went to a different school, and ate out.  A lot.  Before I knew it, I was up to my highest weight.  That's when I decided to take some action.  I started getting healthier foods.  I asked for a gym membership for Christmas (more on that later).  I started taking salads for lunches every day.

And now I'm here today 10 lbs lighter.  That's not a huge accomplishment.  But it's 10 lbs closer to my goal.  Only 90 more.  I'll try posting pictures once I can start seeing differences.   But I'll have a new weight loss post every 10 lbs.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5'6"
SW: 244
CW: 233.8
STG1: 219
STG2: 194
STG3: 169
Long Term Goal: 144

No comments:

Post a Comment